Rebecca Aimée Lanyon Willmott
Union House, Hall Street, Todmorden, OL14 7AD
· Practical and proficient knowledge of school curriculum and lesson planning gained from school placements and freelance tutoring.
· Adept research, organisation and creative writing skills transferred from literature degree and planning community based workshops.
· Confident with Photoshop, Internet, and Word utilised in self publishing and online networking.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills practised with children from devising writing and craft workshops including: Manchester Children’s Book festival, Aimhigher, The Royal Exchange Theatre and The People’s History Museum.
Classroom Assistant: The Loyne School Lancaster, January 2012-Current
· Practical group work with children age 4-8 with severe learning difficulties.
· Building strong relationship with named child through numeracy activities, music and craft activities.
· Attending to different learning styles and recruiting appropriate learning resources for educational activities.
· Recording student’s progress and reporting to teacher and assisting support workers.
Outreach Aimhigher Ambassador, Manchester Metropolitan, Manchester Art Gallery. January 2011-October 2011:
· Devising creative writing activities and leading workshops at Manchester Art Gallery and literature events at Manchester Metropolitan University with young people aged 12-16.
· Liaising with teachers and festival workers
The Portico Library, Manchester. March 2011- July 2011
· Literature mentor for annual Young Portico Literature Prize.
· Mentee was highly commended for her writings.
Self Publisher. February 2011- Current.
· Self publisher ofThreads and Letters
· Self illustrated, written and printed.
· Distributed and sold at The Cornerhouse, Manchester and Independent press houses.
Freelance Tutor for Tutor Doctor. Manchester/Cheshire. Sept 2010- Current.
· Individually tutoring children ages 4-10 in handwriting, numeracy and curriculum based literature work.
· Developing social and cognitive skills through drama games, painting and creative problem solving.
Parrs Wood High School, Didsbury. Classroom Assistant, 2 week placement. September 2010
· Monitoring English and Drama lessons,
· Assisting and leading devised drama exercises.
· Focused on supporting children on one to one tuition in the classroom.
Workshop Leader, The Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester. October 2011
· Teaching children aged 7-9 simple book binding techniques using paper and sewing materials.
Workshop Artist. The People’s History Museum, July 2011- October 2011,
· Commissioned to lead three community textile workshops to teach local history through craft.
· Instructing participants in craft skills.
· The banners were exhibited around the museum for the Manchester Weekender festival.
· University: Manchester Metropolitan University September 2008- May 2011.
· English Literature BA (Hons) Awarded: 2:1
· High School: Ripley St Thomas CE High School, Lancaster.Sept 1999-2006.
· A Level: English Language and Literature: B, Media studies: B, Religious Studies: C.
· GCSE: 10 A-C, English, Maths, Textiles, Art and Design
Extra curricular: I enjoy keeping fit and am a regular runner. I also like sewing, attending the theatre and reading.
Certificates: I am currently CRB checked and hold an emergency first aid certificate.
References Available on Request